How do I become a member?
All former University of Maryland letter winners are eligible to be members of the M Club. To become an active member, you can pay your $50 membership dues in the following ways:
1. Send a check payable to The M Club Foundation
M Club 2707 Comcast Center Terrapin Trail College Park, MD
2. Pay online with a credit card by clicking PAY NOW on the right side of this page.
3. Pay over the phone with a credit card by calling the M Club office at 301-314-2619
Do I have to pay dues to be a member of the M Club?
All former student athletes are automatically M Club members once they graduate, however, you must pay the $50 dues to be an active member. Only active members of the M Club would be eligible for M Club benefits, including discounted football tickets, free admission to all PRIDE games for Olympic Sports, and admission to M Club events such as Letter Winners Day.
When does my membership expire?
To keep your status as an active M Club member, dues must be paid once a year. The M Club operates on a fiscal year, similar to the Terrapin Club, which begins July 1 and ends June 30. Therefore, your membership for the previous year expires June 30. We send out our renewal letter in early spring asking members to renew their membership for the next fiscal year by June 30.
Can I still pay dues after June 30?
Yes! We recommend you renew your membership before the start of the next fiscal year for your convenience and to help us plan our budget for the year, however, we will still accept membership dues year-round. Remember, only active members may attend M Club events, so your dues would need to be paid before you could attend Letter-Winner’s Day or receive a discount on tickets.
Where do my dues go?
Membership dues help the M Club pay for the following expenses:
- Two $5,000 Post Graduate Scholarships awarded annually to a male and female former student-athlete
- Our annual $25,000 Terrapin Club Director’s Circle scholarship, which funds an entire scholarship for one current student-athlete
- M Club events such as Letter Winner’s Day, Maryland Athletics Hall of Fame Banquet, and other reunions
- Letter jackets provided to all first-time letter winners each year
- The annual Terp Awards, which recognize current student-athletes for excellence in athletics, academics, and community service
- Facility upgrades, such as the renovations to the Varsity Team House in the M Club Performance Center donated in 2012
- Technology updates, such as new computers and laptops provided to Academic Support & Career Development Unit in 2010
- Other projects as determined by the M Club board, such as a donation to the Sports Legends Museum in Baltimore, MD in 2013 to update the University of Maryland display boards
- Operational expenses, including office supplies, processing fees, accountant fees, etc.